Mahalaya

Woke up  to Birendra Krishna Bhadra's voice reciting the Chandipath, invoking Ma Durga. Woke up the man for an early cuppa and he looked thoroughly confused. Sometimes I wonder who is more Bong!  I missed being with dad as usual..he is the one who wakes up and tunes in to All India Radio for Mahalaya. These days its from a CD, though. I remember as a wee kid how I watched dad waking up much before 4 am to tune in to catch the AIR frequency. It took a long while to tune in and sometimes we'd lose it. Perhaps that was the magic and aura of listening to Mahalaya. Something so charming about the entire morning event. Last year on Mahalaya I wrote this , and I have nothing new to write about this Mahalaya either. I reminisce of the same memories again and again wistfully and wish I was a little girl again.

Shubho Mahalaya to all of you!

Comments

Scribbler :) said…
Hugs. You can still be a little girl with your little girl. But wish our husbands "grew up" a bit. Wrote my Mahalaya post too...but you already know about it.
chicha.in said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts