So long then, Sydney.

When I left Hyderabad, I shed a few tears. It was mostly for the family I was leaving behind. Bangalore didn't move me much, but I knew I'd miss it for friends and for the fabulous city that it was. But Sydney is something else, and Nine By Thirty, Cherrybrook is something else all together. This house gave me a purpose, made my biggest and most important dream come true, gave us countless unforgettable moments and memories. But it's time to move, yet again. And this move is a difficult one, albeit, a move that we chose to make.

We've been in Sydney for close to 3 years now and it's only been fabulous. I've loved living the Australian way. Absolutely adored the happy, chill out attitude of the Aussies and the lush and picture perfect vast landscapes of Australia. Its without doubt one of the best looking cities in the world. People here are warm and relaxed. I've rarely experienced the tensions that a typical city dweller does. This beer drinking, steak eating,  beach loving, barbeque mad country, has giving me a lot. Barring the winter and the fact that it is just so far away from home, I haven't had any complaints.  At some point we wanted to settle down here, but the heart didn't agree with the head. For the first time, I'm at a loss for words. I don't know how to thank and say beautiful things about this country and the new friends we met here. I won't do justice with my writing...and mere words cannot describe my deepest feelings.  I'll miss you Sydney. Miss you oh so much.











And I know, I'll come back to say hello to you again, Sydney. But it's time now to say hello to a new country and embrace and experience new sights, sounds and cultures. So long, then.

Comments

Amrit said…
Sydney is very beautiful. We lived in Sydney too - well Castle Hill - to be precise.

It is hard to move once you are settled in a house and made friends around.

Where are you heading now?

Simply Speaking "A" Simple Blogger
Anonymous said…
Oh that's a shame that you are moving...was hoping to maybe meet you some day. So where are you headed off to? And yes, Sydney is an amazing city. P.S. You've had a beautiful house by the way! :)
Scribbler :) said…
All this while I hoped you would visit me some day. Now that's bleak.
But good luck, dear...hope the new country treats you even better.
Joe Pinto said…
My dear Aparna,

Do not look back.
No matter, you miss Sydney.
Singapore is closer home.
Look forward.

And welcome.

Peace and love,
- Joe.
Krithika said…
Dear Appu,

Beautiful beautiful ...just beautiful. Reading your blog is always such a pleasure. I wish you and your family a safe move to singapore. Looking forward to getting introduced to a new city through you.

Love,
Krithika
A toast to the memories you've made.
A toast for the memories you'll make.

All in all, it's all good...
Anonymous said…
Sydney is a wonderful place. And you have a beautiful house... loved the first pic and the 'meals and memories'
Anonymous said…
Aparna.. I've got mini tears too.. Your home was gorgeous..

Anyway.. its time to move on.. Singapore is closer.. (to me!! :-))... Ive been meaning to visit it again.. So I'll come see you.. Bet you are already smiling..

A move is good.. Lots of new things.. lots of new hopes and dreams.. Do you have friends in Singapore??

Hope you settle down soon.. Take care.. Hugs and lots of love.. during this emotional time!!
Reema said…
all the best for the new place!
suvodeb said…
Always a wrench leaving a place you've begun thinking of as "home". But life's all about old memories and new experiences, so enjoy Singapore!
Primitive Lyric said…
You'll make a beautiful home, new memories, and achieve other dreams in singapore. I don't doubt that. Good luck with the next phase in your life. Have fun!
Discovering M said…
so you are moving away from down under ? glad you had a great three years here.. I am hoping for the same .. may be more than just three :)

S'pore is nice as well ! Good Luck with setting up a new home !
Treenz said…
Good luck with the move.

V beautiful home! :)
Debanjana said…
all the best KG for the new land...and hugs to mishu
little boxes said…
"Meals and Memories are made here"
-that is very true of your food blog (which you havent updated in a while)

and to run the cliché again, "dont cry that it's over, smile that it happened."
Hi, just came across your blog! I liike what I see, it's my kinda space :) Following you now.
@A- thanks for dropping in. Am here after a long long time. So thoguht I'd respond to you all :). We are in Singapore now. How lovely that u are in Castle hill..we lived close to u- in Cherrybrook :)
@PB- missed meeting u. But who knows..we'll meet someday in the most unexpected of places :)
@scribbler- i'll meet you. Its a promise !
@JP - thank you, sir.
@krithika: thanks so much :). And I'm trying hard to figure which kritika are you? :)

@M4- this has been the most emotional yet easy move. Miss Sydney HUGELY, but being closer home works like magic on my mind !

@pritiahuja - thank you !

@Patty - thanks..still haven't fully gotten over that house, u know. Sydney i'll over come but that house! OH! :(

@reema- Thank you!

@Suvo : why, nice seeing u here :).

@Primitive lyric : thank you for the faith!!

@Discovering M- :) and as I have maintained- drop in a line when u are this side. How's the sunshine state treating ja?

@ Treens and Debanjana - Gracias!

@Little boxes- that food blog! :( one thing that I think i wont be doing much of in Singapore is cooking. I quite dislike my kitchen here and a lot of my cooking comes from being inspired . Thanks but.. :)

@Ambika: thank you. Hope i write enough in the coming days to see more of you.

@
@ashok - thank you :).
chicha.in said…
hii .. Nice Post ..

For More Entertainment .. Visit ..

WWW.ChiCha.in

WWW.ChiCha.in

Popular Posts