A pot of Darjeeling

A pot of infused Darjeeling brings to me

myriad thoughts and chronicles.

Some, make my day,

some ruin it so.

 

The pot of infused Darjeeling, brought to me, today,

a cup full of unpleasantness,

and a morning acerbic,

with a mood that will linger and follow me around, like an irritant toddler.

 

Then, I poured myself another cup of her,

and drowned myself in a bouquet of complex aromas

and found her slowly cajoling me, with her soft, mellow flavour,

into tranquility, trying to explain to me, the nothingness of it all.

 

With each sip, I realised

the futility of this world, the pointlessness of things around.

Realised and how, the vainness of this existence,

with the fatigue of a soul that’s given up on finding her lover.

 

The last pour from the fat pot, into my cup,

however changed perspective,

it asked me to not just glance, but feel life, intimately; I do.

In awe, I hear music again, a distant cheer, a disquieting giggle.

 

The pot of infused Darjeeling brought to me today,

myriad thoughts and chronicles.

Some, caustic, some ominous; But today,

it brought to me thoughts of amiable variety, and thus it made my day so.

Comments

the pleasantone said…
where do you buy your tea babe? point me in the the right direction!!!
if a cuppa can make you feel all that!!!! then i need some for inspiration!!! i really enjoy this one!
indranil said…
i love to drink tea as long as its not more than a couple of cups a year at the most.

so i interchanged the word tea with my fav: wine in the Caberet sauvignon range, and immensley enjoyed reading the blog.

as a matter of fact it took me to darjeeling and even higher. :D
@pleasantone: Sydney ki ra, tea, inspiration, anni dorktundi :D :D. How is the Telugu btw?

@IK: LOL. Alcohol always invites a myriad thoughts and chroncles :)
Debanjana said…
Seen very few people get so romantic over cha....:) good post
@debanjana: thanks :).
The miracles of the cup that cheers!

Popular Posts